Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thing #14: Technorati

When I did a keyword search for “School Library Learning 2.0” in Blog posts, I got the most results. The search I conducted in the Blog Directory produced a message suggesting that I refine my search to get more results. When I clicked on the Tags link, I skimmed the list of most popular Tags, the Tag Index, and was surprised that none of these words, “School,” “library,” or “learning” were in the Tag Index. (Sidenote: The word “homeschool” did appear in the Tag Index.)

When I attempted to search Technorati’s What’s Popular section (on 11/10/09) I received a message indicating that this section was currently unavailable, but it should return in the near future. I’ll check back at a later date, and update this post accordingly with my findings.

I can envision how Technorati could help me keep up to date with the latest ‘valid’ blogs. It’s almost like Technorati takes on the jobs of selection and weeding in regards to this type of media. If it saves me time, then I’m all for it – just like Tags (See previous post for more on my thoughts about Tags and Social Bookmarking).

No comments:

Post a Comment