Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thing #12: Commenting

I have been checking out other blogs, and I will be honest…I do not leave comments if I am required to login, create account, and/or register. Darren Rowse’s Technique #10: “Make it Easy to Comment” was written for and about people like me. If I am required to fill out more than four lines of information, just to share a comment, chances are pretty high that I will not share. Part of me is lazy, and the other part is paranoid that my information is going to be abused (accidently or intentionally). If you are interested in increasing the amount of comments on your blog, then follow Rowse’s advice, “Keep your comments section as simple and easy to use as possible.”

Another good point made by Rowse was Technique #6: “‘Reward’ Comments.” As I have been perusing the required readings from Things #1 - #12 I have noticed that many reputable bloggers (i.e. Cool Cat Lady) duly ‘reward’ fellow bloggers by acknowledging the comments of said bloggers in subsequent posts. I would be moved if someone I looked to for advice took the time to acknowledge and comment on my ideas. Such an experience would probably motivate me to share more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment