Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thing #11: Library Thing

Library Thing was easy to use! I registered for an account, signed in, and immediately began adding titles. I can see this being of some use to a librarian when it comes to making selections. Assuming you have established a group of “the wise” within Library Thing, you could read some of their reviews, review related suggestions, etc. This is yet another source of information to supplement one’s professional resources (on a somewhat personal level).

I did check out some of the groups, and indeed found people with related interests. However, in doing so it was very easy for me to get side tracked by images of books I have yet to read. While I like Library Thing, it left me wanting to read a lot of books (for personal enjoyment) that I do not have the time to read at this moment. I will definitely come back for book suggestions after I have completed all 23 Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment