Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thing #10: Online Image Generators


In regards to my discovery process, I encountered a few problems while trying to complete this Thing from my desktop computer at work (home campus). Our district tends to err on the side of caution and as a result blocks a lot of sights/images, even those that seem innocent enough for school. For example, I wanted to edit an Abe Lincoln image, and for whatever reason, I was not allowed access. That being said, if this was an activity I was trying to complete with my students - I can already see them expressing frustration if the image they choose to edit is blocked from further exploration/editing abilities.


The comic strip generator would be an excellent tool when conducting "Characters' Point of View" studies. Students could play with images to express what they believe a specific character would think/say. I will have to look into getting items unblocked before I use this tool with my students (or at the very least, have a "Plan B" in place).


The image above was generated on October 27, 2009 using Big Huge Labs Captioner, available at http://bighugelabs.com/captioner.php




1 comment:

  1. Sorry for your frustration, but it is entirely understandable. I am glad you mentioned that you would see how to get the site unblocked. That demonstrates that frustration does not stop you just inspires you to find away around obsticles. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete